This fragrant, fruity and totally unique seasoning blend is traditionally used to flavor Indian street snacks but can be used for so much more – like drinks, curries and salads.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Cumin Seed
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Coriander Seed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 3 tablespoons amchur (mango powder)
Himalayan black salt
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Mint
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 Heat medium skillet on medium heat. Add cumin, coriander and fennel seed; toast until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from skillet immediately. Cool completely. Transfer to spice grinder or mortar and pestle, add thyme leaves and grind to a fine powder.
- 2 Transfer ground spices to small bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well blended. Use seasoning blend to make Chaat Loaded Fries and Chaat Lemonade. Store any remaining Chaat Masala Seasoning in airtight container. (Makes about 1/2 cup.)
- 3 Test Kitchen Tip: Amchur or Amchoor is a fruity, tart powder made from green, unripe mangoes that have been harvested, sliced and dried in the sun. Usually a beige to brownish powder, amchur has a sharp, almost citrus-like flavor making it a key ingredient in Chaat Masala. Typical of North Indian cuisine, amchur can be used in marinades for fish or mixed with sea salt as a finishing spice; it adds complexity to curries or other Indian street foods. Amchur can be found at Indian markets, some specialty grocers and through online retailers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner