Made with three Mexican cheeses – Oaxaca, Asadero and a crumbled Cotija garnish – this creamy pasta dish with McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chili Powder, Oregano and Cumin rubbed chicken hits the spot any night of the week. Recipe and Photo Credit: Pati Jinich. Made with three Mexican cheeses – Oaxaca, Asadero and a crumbled Cotija garnish – this creamy pasta dish with McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chili Powder, Oregano and Cumin rubbed chicken hits the spot any night of the week. Recipe and Photo Credit: Pati Jinich. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for salting the water
- Freshly ground McCormick® Black Pepper Grinder, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cubed Oaxaca cheese
- cubed muenster cheese
crumbled Cotija cheese
- crumbled queso añejo
- finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Meanwhile, mix garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste in medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss until coated in rub.
- 2 Once the water is boiling, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Set aside.
- 3 Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add flour; cook and stir 30 seconds longer.
- 4 Stir in milk and cream, scraping bottom and sides of the pan to remove browned bits. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Bring to a simmer and cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- 5 Add Oaxaca and asadero cheese. Once the cheese is melted slightly, remove saucepan from heat. Stir in pasta until completely coated and cheese is melted. Serve hot, sprinkled with cilantro and Cotija cheese.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner