This recipe uses pork tenderloin to speed up the cooking time, and a convenient blend of McCormick® cumin, thyme and allspice for authentic Caribbean flavor. Give the pork a quick 5-minute marinade, roast it and serve in tortillas with black bean and avocado salsa. Delicioso!
Ingredients 6 (1 taco) Servings
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the orange juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons each of the cumin and thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and allspice in small bowl. Rub seasoning mixture evenly over pork. Place pork in large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- 2 Meanwhile, for the salsa, mix black beans, avocado, red onion, vinegar, and remaining 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon each cumin and thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 Place pork in 13x9-inch baking dish. Roast pork 15 to 20 minutes or until pork is to desired doneness. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice pork and serve in warmed tortillas topped with black bean and avocado salsa.