These bon bons pack all the drama of a Red Velvet Cake into a petite indulgence.
Ingredients 39 Servings
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into paper-lined mini cupcake pans, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 4 Meanwhile, microwave remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and cream in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Dip top of each bon bon in chocolate mixture. Let stand on wire rack until chocolate is set.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner