- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 1/2 cups (1/2 of 30-ounce package) frozen shredded hash browns, partially thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon. Crumble and set aside.
- 2 Remove all but 1/4 cup drippings from skillet. Add hash browns, bacon, onion, bell pepper, thyme, pepper and garlic salt; cook and stir on medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until hash browns are golden brown.
- 3 Make 6 indentations with back of wooden spoon in hash browns. Break an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until eggs are set. Sprinkle with parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: If thick-cut bacon is unavailable, substitute 14 slices regular bacon.