Make room at the breakfast table – this Spicy Skillet Hash is a winner. Flavored with the kick of Zatarain’s® Cajun Hot Sauce, it’s the perfect blend of potatoes and sausage topped with eggs. Prepared in a single skillet for easy cleanup, it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Zatarain's® Cajun Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Zatarain's® New Orleans Style Creole Seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Heat oil in large deep skillet on medium heat. Cook and stir ground pork until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- 2 Stir in potatoes, onion and water. Cover. Cook 15 to 17 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in hot sauce and Creole Seasoning.
- 3 Make 6 indentations with back of wooden spoon into potatoes. Break an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until eggs are set. Sprinkle with parsley. Season with additional hot sauce, if desired.