No question. These crunchy, floral popcorn-like bites can and will shake up your snack routine. Coated with chili powder, cumin paprika and combined with nuts, pretzels and coconut chips, they make an addicting snack mix for curing cravings at home or on the go. See Test Kit... No question. These crunchy, floral popcorn-like bites can and will shake up your snack routine. Coated with chili powder, cumin paprika and combined with nuts, pretzels and coconut chips, they make an addicting snack mix for curing cravings at home or on the go. See Test Kitchen Tip below to learn more. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 (1/2-cup) Servings
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 cup unsalted puffed lotus seeds
- 1/2 cup pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw pistachios
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix salt and spices in small bowl; set aside. Mix lotus seeds, pretzel sticks, coconut chips, almonds and pistachios in large bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Add spice mixture; toss to coat well.
- 2 Spread mixture evenly on large shallow foil-lined baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 15 minutes or until fragrant, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: The lotus seed, also called makhana in India, is a staple in Asian cuisine. Since the harvesting season of the lotus flower is short, the lotus seed is most commonly found dried or puffed. The bitter germ is typically removed from the center of the seed before drying. Both dried and puffed lotus seeds provide an earthy, slightly floral flavor and have a firm, hearty bite when cooked. Lotus seeds are sold in Asian markets, specialty grocers and at many online retailers. Puffed lotus seeds are also sold as flavored snacks.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner