Preparing meals at home more frequently often means more dishes to clean up, too. But not when it comes to this one dish family favorite! Everything comes together in a single pot in 30 minutes – that means less mess, less cleanup and more time spent with the ones you love. Get the recipe here, and the how-to, below.
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain the fat. Don’t have ground beef on hand? Ground pork or ground chicken work too – whatever you have in the fridge.
2. Stir in a jar of spaghetti sauce and 2 cups water. Pro tip – pour water into your sauce jar, close the lid and shake and before adding directly to the pot. This simple step helps ensure you use up every last bit of sauce.
3. Time for the spices! Add 1 ½ tsp McCormick® Basil Leaves, 1 ½ tsp McCormick Garlic Powder, 1 tsp McCormick Oregano Leaves and ¼ tsp McCormick Crushed Red Pepper – as much or as little as you’d like for heat.
4. Bring everything to a boil and add 3 cups of uncooked ziti directly to the pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, simmer and stir 20 minutes or until pasta becomes tender.
5. Pasta’s ready! Stir in a cup of mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the additional cup of cheese, cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melty.
6. Dinner is served! Dig in family style with your favorite crusty bread and a green salad for a complete meal.
Follow along with our step-by-step Cook with Us story on Instagram for how to make this deliciously easy dish.
Craving more? Check out our collection of pasta dishes featuring everything from light spring pastas to meaty ragouts here.