Create your FlavorProfile!
Find just-for-you recipes, save favorites and more when you customize your FlavorProfile.
Creole Jambalaya was born in New Orleans in the 18th century when Spanish settlers tried to re-create their beloved paella using Louisiana ingredients. Today it’s a local staple, common from music festivals to Mardi Gras parties to quiet weeknight meals.
In New Orleans, people rely on Zatarain’s Brown Rice Jambalaya Mix for classic jambalaya flavor with the addition of whole grain brown rice. The mix is quick and easy to prepare. Just add sausage, chicken, ham, seafood, veggies – whatever you’d like to make it a meal.
Jambalaya can be prepared with your choice of 3/4 lb. of smoked sausage, cooked chicken, ham or shrimp, cut into bite-size pieces.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS
1. MIX 2 1/2 cups water, Rice Mix and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 3-quart saucepan until well blended. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover.
2. SIMMER 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Carefully stir in cooked meat of your choice.
3. REMOVE from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before servings.
1. MIX 3 1/2 cups hot water, Rice Mix, and 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil (optional) in 2 1/2-quart microwavable bowl until well blended.
2. MICROWAVE , uncovered, on HIGH 10 minutes. Stir. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 35 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Carefully stir in cooked meat of your choice. Let stand in microwave 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
Microwaves ovens vary; adjust cooking times as needed. Cooking times are based on an 1100 watt microwave oven.
CAUTION: Bowl and contents will be very hot. Use pot holders when removing from microwave.
LONG GRAIN PARBOILED BROWN RICE, ONION, SALT, RED & GREEN BELL PEPPER, SPICES (INCLUDING PAPRIKA, RED PEPPER), YEAST EXTRACT, GARLIC, & TAMARI SOY SAUCE (SOYBEAN, SALT).
1/4 cup dry mix (40g) = 1 cup prepared