Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Caraway Seed
- thick spaghetti
- 2 cups thinly sliced red Swiss chard, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 Place arugula, parsley, oil, almonds, Parmesan cheese, garlic and caraway seed in bowl of food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Set aside
- 2 Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to saucepot
- 3 Stir Swiss chard into pasta on low heat until greens are wilted. Add pesto; toss to coat well, adding small amounts of reserved cooking water until desired consistency
TIPS AND TRICKS
Crush caraway seed with mortar and pestle. Or, place caraway seed in large resealable plastic bag. Close tightly. Pound with a rolling pin, mallet or heavy skillet until crushed.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.