Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around. Toss the raw kale with an Asian Vinaigrette and serve with mandarin oranges and almonds for a deliciously hearty salad.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Asian Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Kale Salad
- 1 pound kale
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 For the Vinaigrette, mix all ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- 2 Remove and discard stems and center ribs from kale. Coarsely chop kale (6 cups). Rinse kale with cold water. Drain well.
- 3 Toss kale and bell pepper in large bowl. Top with mandarin oranges, almonds and green onions. Drizzle with Vinaigrette. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner