Ingredients 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, if desired
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cornstarch, basil and onion salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Add milk and soy sauce; stir constantly, cook until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add cooked green beans; toss gently to coat.
- 3 Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with almonds.
- 4 Bake 25 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To toast almonds: Place almonds in small dry skillet on medium heat; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.