Salad doesn’t have to be bland. Add a little heat to shrimp with McCormick® Fiery Seasoning. Cool cucumbers, mango and creamy avocado balance it all out. Recipe & Photo Credit: Tasty.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 pound 16/20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fiery seasoning, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced mango, plus more, sliced, for garnish
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 green lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 Bring a large pot of water with 2 tablespoons salt and 1/4 cup lime juice to a low boil over medium heat. Working in batches of about 6, poach the shrimp until they are firm, opaque, and have a ‘C’ shape but are not tightly curled. The internal temperature should read 145˚F (63˚C). Transfer the cooked shrimp to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, Fiery Spice Blend, Dijon, shallot, jalapeño, and chives.
- 3 Cut the cooled shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss in the dressing to coat, then fold in the cucumber, mango, and avocado. Season with the remaining teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- 4 Serve the shrimp salad in the lettuce leaves. Garnish with chives, mango slices, and more Fiery spice blend, if desired. Serve cold.
- 5 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner