Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound raw pork kielbasa, such as Ostrowski of Bank Street, Inc. Fresh Polish Kielbasa
- 1 package (2 pounds) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 medium apple, such as Honeycrisp or Gala, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Caraway Seed
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 McCormick® Bay Leaves
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add kielbasa in whole ring; cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned but not cooked through. Remove kielbasa to cutting board. Cut kielbasa into 2-inch chunks. Place in 6-quart slow cooker. Set aside.
- 2 Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl until blended. Top kielbasa with sauerkraut mixture. Cover.
- 3 Cook 4 hours on HIGH, stirring halfway through cooking.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip : Safely cooked sausage can be pink inside. This can be caused by the cooking method or added ingredients. To ensure that sausage is safe to eat, use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature has reached 165°F.
Test Kitchen Tip : Ostrowski of Bank Street, Inc. Fresh Polish Kielbasa is a favorite sausage of Baltimore. Other mild raw pork sausage or smoked kielbasa can be substituted.