Recreate Oktoberfest in your home with this slow cooker pork and sauerkraut recipe. Serve with pumpernickel bread for a medley of pork and sauerkraut with apples and kielbasa.
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 pound sauerkraut, drained and lightly rinsed
- 1 green apple, unpeeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Chopped Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 pound kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Caraway Seed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Allspice
- 1 Place potatoes in slow cooker. Mix sauerkraut, apple and chopped onions in large bowl; spoon half over potatoes.
- 2 Top with pork, kielbasa and remaining sauerkraut mixture. Mix apple juice, brown sugar and remaining seasonings in small bowl. Lightly stir mixture into sauerkraut. Cover.
- 3 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH until meat and vegetables are tender.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner