Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken breasts and thighs, skin removed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted dates, quartered
- 1 Place the pickling spice in the center of a piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Tie tightly with a long piece of string.
- 2 Layer onion and chicken in slow cooker. Mix flour, garlic salt and turmeric. Sprinkle over chicken. Add pickling spice bundle, broth, tomatoes, dates and almonds to slow cooker. Cover.
- 3 Cook 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW. Remove pickling spice bundle. Serve with hot cooked couscous, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Use a paper towel to grasp the chicken skin for easier removal. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.