This is a decidedly more gourmet variation on the pot pie, featuring tender shrimp, sugar snap peas and mushrooms in a creamy white wine and dill sauce. Shingle flaky biscuit layers across the top to form a quick-cooking crust.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Dill Weed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add shrimp and sugar snap peas, cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 2 Mix half-and-half, wine, flour, dill weed, thyme and salt with wire whisk until well blended. Add to skillet. Bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Pour into 2-quart baking dish, about 2 inches deep.
- 3 Separate biscuits into 3 layers. Place biscuit layers on top of filling, overlapping layers in a shingle fashion to cover the top of the filling.
- 4 Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner