What is a pho taco you ask? It’s the most delicious fusion of ingredients and flavors inspired by the popular Asian dish – seasoned with both McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning and McCormick Gourmet™ Chinese Five Spice Blend – and loaded into a ji... What is a pho taco you ask? It’s the most delicious fusion of ingredients and flavors inspired by the popular Asian dish – seasoned with both McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning and McCormick Gourmet™ Chinese Five Spice Blend – and loaded into a jicama wrap or flour tortilla. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 (2-taco) Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chinese Five Spice Blend
jicama wraps, such as Trader Joe’s® Jicama Wraps
- street taco size flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Fresno chile peppers, thinly sliced
- jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix, water, hoisin and Chinese Five Spice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Spoon filling into jicama wraps. Serve topped with Thai basil, cilantro, bean sprouts and chiles.
- 4 Want to make your own jicama wraps? Peel 1 medium jicama, being careful to maintain its round shape. Cut into very thin slices using mandolin (about 1/16th of an inch thick). Set 12 of the largest slices aside to use as wraps. Reserve remaining smaller slices for another use. If you can’t find jicama, you can also serve with street taco flour tortillas.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner