Simply Asia® Pho Beef Broth with cinnamon, star anise and ginger makes it easy for you to cook Asian-style pho at home. Slurp our twist on the traditional soup made with baked meatballs and hot chili sauce for a kick.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- McCormick® Garlic Powder recommended
- McCormick® Ground Ginger recommended
- Pho Soup
- 2 containers (26 ounces each) Simply Asia® Vietnamese Inspired Pho Beef Broth
thin rice noodles
- Thai Kitchen® Thin Rice Noodles recommended
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 PREHEAT oven to 350°F. For the Meatballs, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, cilantro, chili sauce, garlic powder and ginger in large bowl until well blended.
- 2 SHAPE into 1-inch meatballs. Arrange meatballs in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- 3 BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain fat, if needed. Set aside.
- 4 FOR the Pho Soup, pour broth into large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat. Add noodles and meatballs; cook and stir 3 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Remove from heat. Stir in bean sprouts, cilantro and green onions. Ladle soup into bowls to serve.