Flavored with soy, honey and a white miso glaze, hearty king oyster (also known as trumpet) mushrooms are strikingly similar to scallops in taste, texture and appearance in this savory noodle bowl.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Pickled Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic, (about 3 small cloves)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons French's® Honey Dijon Mustard Squeeze Bottle
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- “Scallops” and Soba Salad
- 3 cups hot cooked soba noodles (about 1/2 (7-ounce) package)
thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 king trumpet mushrooms (king oyster mushrooms), trimmed
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 teaspoons white miso paste
- 24 bok choy leaves, blanched
- 1 For the Vinaigrette, place all ingredients except oil in blender container. Cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Slowly add oil, with machine running, until well blended and completely smooth.
- 2 For the Soba Salad, toss cooked soba noodles, bell pepper, green onion and half of the Vinaigrette in large bowl. Set aside until ready to serve. Reserve remaining Vinaigrette.
- 3 To make the “Scallops”, remove mushroom caps and cut into thin strips (to resemble short noodles). Set aside. Cut each mushroom stem crosswise into 3 pieces, about 1-inch thick. With the tip of a sharp knife, score cut-sides of each piece in a criss-cross pattern, cutting less than 1/4 of the way through.
- 4 Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering. Add 6 of the mushroom stem “scallops”, placing cut-side down in skillet. Add sliced caps to pan. Sear “scallops” about 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove “scallops” from pan; set aside. Add sliced caps to cooked soba noodles, tossing to mix. Repeat with remaining oil and “scallops”.
- 5 Add soy sauce, honey and miso paste to skillet, stirring to mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook until thickened to glaze consistency. Return "scallops" to pan and turn to coat in glaze.
- 6 To serve, divide soba noodle mixture among 4 serving bowls. Arrange bok choy alongside noodles in each bowl. Place “Scallops” on top. Drizzle with any remaining glaze. Serve immediately with remaining Vinaigrette, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner