Vanilla adds a hint of sweetness to a nutty brown butter sauce for gnocchi. Toasted hazelnuts lend the dish textural contrast and even more nutty flavor. Photo credit: Eva Kosmas from Adventures in Cooking.
Ingredients 3 Servings
- 1 package (1 pound) gnocchi
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Cook gnocchi as directed on package. Drain well. Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet on medium heat 4 minutes or until nut brown in color and aroma. Add garlic, sugar, vanilla, salt and rosemary; cook and stir 30 seconds or until garlic is fragrant and sugar is dissolved.
- 2 Stir in cooked gnocchi and spinach. Cook and stir 1 minute or just until spinach is slightly wilted. Stir in cream and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner