Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Minced Onions
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- boneless beef sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks , drained
- 1 Mix salt and all of the seasonings in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1/4 teaspoon. Brush steak with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Rub with remaining seasoning mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- 2 Stir lime juice and remaining 2 tablespoons oil into reserved seasoning mixture. Set aside. Thread pineapple chunks onto skewers.
- 3 Grill pineapple skewers over medium heat 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally and brushing with 1/2 of the juice mixture. Grill steak over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until desired doneness, brushing with remaining juice mixture. Slice and serve steak with pineapple skewers.
TIPS AND TRICKS
One small whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size chunks (3 cups), may be substituted for the canned pineapple.