Spend time with your family creating a bright and delicious garden or bouquet of flower cupcakes. This exclusive recipe is from decorating experts Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, co-authors of the new book, What’s New, Cupcake? (April 2010).
Ingredients 24 Servings
- Colored sprinkles, sugar or coconut (recipe follows)
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 24 yellow cupcakes baked in white paper liners
- 1 cup green-colored sugar (recipe follows)
- 24 yellow spice gumdrops
- 1 Place colored sprinkles, sugar or coconut in small bowl. Cut several marshmallows crosswise into 4 slices with sharp scissors. Press 1 of the cut side of each marshmallow piece into colored sprinkles to coat. Place coated side up on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining marshmallows and sprinkles to makes 120 marshmallow petals. (For variety, use different colored sprinkles, sugar and coconut to decorate the marshmallow petals.)
- 2 Tint the frosting bright green, using 15 drops green Food Color and 15 drops blue Food Color. Place the green-colored sugar in a shallow bowl. Spread top of each cupcake with green frosting. Roll the edge of each cupcake in colored sugar.
- 3 Arrange 5 marshmallow petals on top of each cupcake to resemble a flower, pressing the marshmallows into the frosting. Place a gumdrop in the center of the cupcake to complete the flower.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner