Ingredients 16 (2 biscotti) Servings
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Hazelnut Flavor
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl until well blended. Set aside. Beat eggs and hazelnut flavor in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add to flour mixture, beating just until blended. Do not over mix. Stir in hazelnuts.
- 2 Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch long log. Transfer logs to greased baking sheet. Flatten logs to 1-inch thickness.
- 3 Bake 30 minutes or until slightly risen and firm to touch. Cool logs on wire rack 15 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut logs diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place slices in single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4 Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Store in airtight container.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Biscotti: Dip biscotti in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Let stand on wax paper-lined tray until chocolate is set.