Grilled corn, jalapeño pepper and the great taste of OLD BAY perk up the flavor of pico de gallo in this colorful DIY-bruschetta.
Ingredients 24 (2 slices) Servings
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning, divided
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk strands removed
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 loaves French bread, each cut into 24 (1/2-inch thick) slices
- sour cream
- 1 Mix butter and 1/4 teaspoon of the OLD BAY. Brush on corn. Spray jalapeño pepper with no stick cooking spray.
- 2 Grill corn and jalapeño pepper over medium-low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender and jalapeño is charred, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- 3 Cut corn kernels off cob. While wearing disposable gloves, remove most of the charred skin from the jalapeño. Remove stem and seeds then coarsely chop. Toss corn, jalapeño, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, oil and remaining 1 teaspoon OLD BAY in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- 4 Grill bread slices over medium heat 1 minute per side or until grill marks appear. Serve with Mexican crema and pico de gallo.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Variation: Add 8 ounces lump crabmeat to the pico de gallo.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner