Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon orange peel, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 cup crumbled corn bread
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Mix mayonnaise, cranberries, sage, orange peel, pepper and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- 2 Gently mix crabmeat and corn bread in large bowl. Add egg, and cranberry and celery mixtures; toss to coat well. Shape into 24 small crab cakes. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 3 Melt 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add crab cakes several at a time; cook about 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Keep warm while frying remaining crab cakes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter as needed.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Make Ahead: Crabmeat mixture may be shaped into crab cakes a day ahead. Place on tray and cover. Refrigerate until ready to cook. Continue as directed.