Two kinds of cheese, Swiss and Gouda, provide sweet nutty flavor to the fondue. For a smooth, creamy texture, be sure to add the cheese mixture in batches, whisking until completely melted before adding the next batch.
Ingredients 20 (2 tablespoons ) Servings
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Riesling wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 12 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
aged Gouda cheese, grated
- white Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- Pinch McCormick® Ground Cloves
- 1 Rub inside of medium saucepan with garlic clove and leave it in the pan. Add chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and almond extract. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Mix cheeses in medium bowl. Add flour; toss to coat. Gradually add cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, to simmering wine, stirring with wire whisk until melted after each addition. Stir in ginger and cloves.
- 2 Transfer cheese mixture to warm fondue pot or slow cooker. Serve with assorted dippers, such as cubed crusty bread, pretzels, broccoli or cauliflower florets, carrots, asparagus, and pear or apple slices.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner