Ingredients 8 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 container (32 ounces) Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 ham bone
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Celery Seed
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Place stock, water and ham bone in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour. Remove ham bone. Skim off excess fat.
- 2 Stir in peas and seasonings. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until peas are heated through. With center part of cover removed to let steam escape, puree mixture in batches in blender on high speed until smooth. Return pureed mixture to saucepan. (Or puree mixture in saucepan with an immersion blender.) Stir in cream.
- 3 Ladle into soup bowls. Serve with ham, sour cream and green onions.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To easily skim off most of the fat, prepare soup as directed in step 1. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Solidified fat can be easily removed. Continue as directed in step 2.