Turmeric – a curcumin containing spice – brings an earthy, feel-good twist to classic chicken noodle soup. Loaded with tender veggies, chicken and egg noodles, this hearty homemade soup comes together in the Instant Pot® in just 20 minutes.
Ingredients 9 (1 cup) Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 carton (32 ounces each) chicken stock
- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 Heat oil in Instant Pot on SAUTÉ function until shimmering. Place onion, carrots and celery in pot; cook 3 minutes until softened. Stir in parsley, turmeric, black pepper, garlic, oregano, thyme and salt; cook and stir 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add chicken and stock to pot. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 2 Select SOUP function on Instant Pot; cook 7 minutes. When done, allow pressure to release naturally. Open lid once pressure inside the pot is completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating instructions.) Transfer chicken to medium bowl; shred using two forks. Set aside.
- 3 Bring remaining soup mixture in pot to boil on SAUTÉ function. Stir in noodles; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Return shredded chicken to pot. Gently stir in peas. Sprinkle with additional parsley to serve, if desired.
- 4 To prepare on the stovetop: Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, carrots and celery; cook 3 minutes until softened. Stir in spices and salt; cook and stir 30 seconds until fragrant. Add chicken and stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Transfer chicken to medium bowl; shred using 2 forks. Set aside. Stir noodles into saucepan; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Return shredded chicken to saucepan. Gently stir in peas. Sprinkle with additional parsley to serve, if desired.
- 5 To make ahead and freeze, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2 (omitting noodles and peas). Allow broth and veggies to cool completely. Store in air-tight container in freezer. When ready to serve, transfer container to refrigerator to thaw. Bring soup to boil. Stir in noodles and peas; cook 6 minutes or until noodles are tender.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner