Rich, creamy sweet potatoes loaded with mini marshmallow topping? Count us in! From cooking to mashing to seasoning with McCormick® cinnamon and nutmeg, it all happens in one convenient spot – the slow cooker. Sprinkle mixture with mini marshmallows and make room at the holiday table. Photo Credit: Julie Gransee of Lovely Little Kitchen.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups miniature mashmallows
- 1 Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Add sweet potatoes, stock and brown sugar. Cover.
- 2 Cook 4 hours on HIGH or until potatoes are tender, stirring after each hour. Stir in butter, cinnamon salt and nutmeg. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3 Beat potatoes with electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Top with marshmallows. Cover. Cook 10 minutes on HIGH or until marshmallows are slightly melted.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For Vegetarian-Friendly Version: Use Kitchen Basics® Organic Vegetable Stock or Kitchen Basics® Unsalted Vegetable Stock in place of the chicken stock.