Whip up a batch of this cozy, comforting butternut squash soup in your Instant Pot® and top with feta for creamy saltiness, sweet, dried cranberries, and pepitas for nutty crunch. And of course, you gotta add the bacon!
Ingredients 7 (1 cup) Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Instant Pot Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium (about 2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Dried cranberries, garnish
- Roasted pepitas, garnish
- Crumbled feta, garnish
- 1 Mix Seasoning Mix and stock in measuring cup until blended. Set aside. Heat Instant Pot on SAUTÉ function. Add bacon; cook and stir until browned and crispy. Remove from Instant Pot with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate. Set aside until ready to serve.
- 2 Add onions to pot. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add squash, celery and carrot. Stir stock mixture and add to pot. Close lid. Set Valve to Seal.
- 3 Set to cook for 9 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE (MANUAL). When done, quick release the pressure. Open lid once pressure inside pot is completely released. (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating instructions.)
- 4 Use an immersion blender to puree squash mixture in instant pot until smooth. Add heavy cream; blend until well mixed. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with bacon, cranberries, pepitas and feta to serve.