Ingredients 6 Servings
- Spinach Salad with Farro
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cook farro in water as directed on package. Drain well. Transfer to bowl to cool.
- 2 Meanwhile, for the Vinaigrette, mix all ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- 3 Toss farro, spinach, blueberries, carrots and onion in large bowl. Drizzle with Vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Farro is a healthy ancient wheat-based grain originally from Italy. It is rich in fiber and protein. Look for farro in the rice and pasta or organic sections of the supermarket.