Stuffing holds its own at the holiday table in the convenient form of a muffin. Loaded with all the traditional stuffing flavors – sage, apple and sweet sausage – they’re a close contender for “favorite Thanksgiving side.” Pop the muffins in the oven while you’re carving the turkey to guarantee they’re served hot and toasty at mealtime.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- unseasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Kitchen Basics® All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2 Cook and crumble sausage in medium skillet on medium heat until no longer pink. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to drain. Melt butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery and apple; cook and stir just until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in Sage and Garlic Powder; cook and stir about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3 Transfer onion mixture to large bowl. Add cooked sausage, bread cubes, and dried cranberries. Stir in eggs and stock until well mixed and stuffing is moistening. Spoon stuffing mixture into prepared muffin cups. Gently press stuffing into cups and form slightly mounded tops.
- 4 Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden. Cool 5 to 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Run a knife or spatula around each cup to loosen stuffing muffins. Use a spoon to gently release muffins from the cups. Serve warm.