A change from the ordinary -- this stuffing is sweet and savory with chorizo sausage, apples, raisins, almonds, cumin and oregano. Use to stuff the holiday turkey or bake alongside the bird in the oven.
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed and sausage crumbled
- 1 large red apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cloves
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Add meats; cook and stir 7 minutes or until browned. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil.
- 3 Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Use cooked and cured Spanish-style chorizo sausage, chop sausage and add to skillet with ground beef and ground pork.