Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) thawed frozen apple juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 firm red cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 Coat meat with flour. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the meat; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Repeat with remaining meat.
- 2 Place meat and remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Toss to coat well. Cover.
- 3 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Thicken with additional flour, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Variation: Use 1 teaspoon McCormick® Apple Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon and ginger. Substitute 3/4 cup apple cider for the apple juice concentrate.