Ingredients 8 Servings
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Roasted Garlic & Bell Pepper Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 5 cups assorted vegetables, such as baby carrots, sliced mushrooms and onion wedges
- 1 Mix 3 teaspoons of the Seasoning and flour in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; toss to coat.
- 2 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add beef in batches; cook until lightly brown on all sides. Add additional oil, as needed. Return all meat to skillet.
- 3 Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning, thyme, broth, wine and vegetables. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Thicken stew, if desired. Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To thicken stew: Mix 1 tablespoon each softened butter and flour. Whisk into stew. Simmer until thickened.