If you think making a fall chicken pot pie is difficult, think again. Our chicken pot pie skillet recipe is easy to make and is prepared using just one ovenproof skillet — great for minimal clean-up! For comfort food at its finest, this savory dish serves up a hearty n... If you think making a fall chicken pot pie is difficult, think again. Our chicken pot pie skillet recipe is easy to make and is prepared using just one ovenproof skillet — great for minimal clean-up! For comfort food at its finest, this savory dish serves up a hearty no-fuss meal complete with store-bought (or pre-cooked) rotisserie chicken, refrigerated biscuits and tender vegetables doused in a creamy sauce. With a medley of spices like garlic powder, black pepper, McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves, every bite of this chicken pot pie skillet is jam-packed with flavor. While this skillet chicken pot pie recipe features the usual ingredients such as peas and onions, it also includes some seasonal favorites such as sweet potato and apple cider. The bubbly filling is topped with flaky biscuits for a show stopping dish that’s sure to become a staple in your seasonal rotation of craveworthy dinners. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 5 Servings
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (7.5 ounces) refrigerated biscuits, (10 biscuits)
- 1 Preheat oven to 450°F. Melt butter in large ovenproof nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour. Stir with whisk until mixture is well blended. Add stock, milk, apple cider, garlic powder, cinnamon, thyme and pepper; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- 2 Stir in chicken, sweet potatoes and peas. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- 3 Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture. Bake 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner