- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni slices
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ground beef, 1 cup of the cheese, bread crumbs, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and salt in large bowl.
- 2 Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. Mix tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Pour over top.
- 3 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until meat loaf is cooked through. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup cheese and pepperoni. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until meat loaf is cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: Prepare as directed, using 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt in place of the garlic powder and salt.