Ingredients 48 (1 cookie pop) Servings
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cream Of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon McCormick® Raspberry Extract With Other Natural Flavors, divided
- 50 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 Mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and confectioners’ sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1 tablespoon of the raspberry flavor and food color; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out heart shapes with 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 Microwave cream in large microwave bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until scalding. Add chopped chocolate; let stand 1 minute. Add remaining 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 5 To assemble cookie pops, place 2 teaspoons chocolate mixture in center of 1/2 of the cookies. Press a lollipop stick into the chocolate mixture so that one end is in the chocolate mixture and the other end is aligned with the bottom of the heart. Top with remaining cookies, gently pressing into the chocolate mixture. Let stand 1 hour or until chocolate mixture is firm.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Drizzle cookie pops with additional melted chocolate, if desired.