Perfect for Valentine’s Day or a weekend brunch, these scrumptious chocolate muffins have a pocket of sweetened raspberry cream cheese.
Servings: 12 (1 muffin)
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract With Other Natural Flavors, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cream cheese, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons raspberry flavor in small bowl until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Mix flour, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add milk, melted butter and 1 tablespoon raspberry flavor; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3 Divide batter evenly among into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
- 4 Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner