Show off your team spirit at a tailgate party by preparing a cake decorated to resemble a football field. The cake also delivers on taste – it’s a winning combination of chocolate and orange.
Ingredients 24 Servings
- 1 package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 2 containers (16 ounces each) white frosting, divided
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, stirring in orange extract. Bake in foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack; cool completely. Transfer cake to serving platter.
- 2 Stir 1 teaspoon of the vanilla into 1 can of the frosting. Tint frosting grass green by mixing 1/4 teaspoon yellow Food Color and 1/4 teaspoon blue Food Color. Frost cake with green frosting. To make frosting resemble grass, touch frosting with a small spatula then pull up.
- 3 Stir remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla into remaining can of frosting. Reserve 1/4 cup of the frosting in small bowl. Spoon remaining frosting into piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Or spoon frosting into medium resealable plastic bag, snipping a small corner from bag. Pipe yard lines across the grass. Tint reserved frosting brown with cocoa powder and 2 drops each red and black food color. Spoon into small piping bag. Pipe a football shape on the cake.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner