Celebrate spring with a batch of these delightful cupcakes. Arrange in a platter on a bed of grass green-tinted coconut.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 24 small flower-shaped or round cookies
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 24 thin pretzel sticks
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- McCormick® Neon Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 12 unfrosted cupcakes
- 24 pieces candy-coated chocolates (M&M's)
- 12 green gumdrop spearmint leaves
- 1 Place cookies, flat-side up, on a tray. Microwave white chocolate chips in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or just until melted. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Snip a small corner from bag. Pipe a dot of white chocolate on edge of each cookie. Place pretzel stick on dot of chocolate to form the stem of the flower. Pipe a second dot of chocolate on pretzel stick above the first dot. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 2 Meanwhile, tint 1 1/4 cups of the frosting grass green, using 10 drops yellow Food Color and 10 drops blue Food Color. Divide remaining frosting into 3 small bowls. Tint each bowl a different color with: 5 drops yellow Food Color, 3 drops NEON blue Food Color, 3 drops red Food Color. Spoon each color frosting into separate small resealable plastic bags. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add 5 drops blue and 9 drops yellow Food Color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.
- 3 Spread top of each cupcake with grass green frosting. Roll the edge of each cupcake in tinted coconut.
- 4 Snip a very small corner from each bag of tinted frosting. Pipe frosting over the cookies in a flower design. Add a candy-coated chocolate to the center of each flower. Insert 2 cookie flowers into each cupcake at different heights. Cut the gumdrop leaves in half lengthwise. Insert the leaves into the cupcakes at the base of each flower.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.
Go To Meal Planner