This creative take on the classic jam thumbprint fills the sugar cookie base with cinnamon-spiced strawberry jam and a garnish of chocolate drizzle. Arrange on a holiday cookie plate to share with family and friends.
Ingredients 27 (2-cookie) Servings
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- milk chocolate chips
- 1 Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, cream and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix strawberry jam and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill indentations with strawberry jam mixture (about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each). Refrigerate cookie sheets 30 minutes before baking. (Refrigerate remaining dough while baking each batch of cookies.)
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 For the Chocolate Drizzle, place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl. Melt as directed on package. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Transfer chocolate to large resealable plastic bag or piping bag. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner