Keep it classic this holiday season with jam thumbprints. Our cookie is topped with strawberry jam flavored with a sprinkle of McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and made extra-special with a sweet vanilla glaze.
Ingredients 27 (2-cookie) Servings
- Vanilla Thumbprint Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Drizzle
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 For the Vanilla Thumbprint Cookies, mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, cream and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix strawberry jam and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside. Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon to make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill indentations with strawberry jam mixture (about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each). Refrigerate cookie sheets 30 minutes before baking. (Refrigerate remaining dough while baking each batch of cookies.)
- 3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 For the Vanilla Drizzle, mix confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla in small bowl. Stir in corn syrup until mixture is smooth and glossy. If drizzle is too thick, stir in additional milk or corn syrup 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner