Ingredients 12 Servings
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 package (2-layer size) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Spray 12-inch cast iron skillet with no stick cooking spray. Pour cherry pie filling into skillet. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the almonds. Set aside.
- 2 Stir cake mix, sour cream, vanilla, chile pepper and black pepper in large bowl until well blended. Spread over pie filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
- 3 Place cast iron skillet on preheated grill over medium-high heat (375° to 400°F). Grill with lid closed 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
TIPS AND TRICKS
To bake in oven: Prepare batter in cast iron skillet as directed. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.