Ingredients 24 Servings
- Crumb Topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cream Of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Crumb Topping, mix walnuts, flour, brown sugar and spices in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2 For the Cake, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and sour cream on low speed just until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Spread evenly in greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Drain peach pieces on paper towels. Arrange peaches over top of batter, pressing in slightly. Sprinkle with Crumb Topping.
- 3 Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and topping is browned. Cool in pan on wire rack.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitute 2 cans (15 ounces each) peach slices, drained well and cut into 1-inch pieces, for the fresh peaches.