Easy hollandaise sauce is a simple and delicious addition that can easily take a variety of dishes to the next level. Ready in just 10 minutes, with the help of a blender, this hollandaise sauce recipe is easy to make at home. Serve atop eggs Benedict, vegetables or grilled ...
Easy hollandaise sauce is a simple and delicious addition that can easily take a variety of dishes to the next level. Ready in just 10 minutes, with the help of a blender, this hollandaise sauce recipe is easy to make at home. Serve atop eggs Benedict, vegetables or grilled fish, or as a dip for bread. This hollandaise recipe is a great way to add extra flavor with minimal effort. See our tips below on how to make poached eggs and eggs Benedict.Read More Read Less
- 1 Heat butter in small saucepan until melted and frothy (temperature should reach about 180°F).
- 2 Place egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne(if using), paprika and salt in blender container; cover. Blend until frothy, about 10 seconds, scraping down sides as needed. Gradually add hot butter, with machine running. Blend about 1 minute or until sauce is well mixed and thickened. With machine still running, slowly add hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. (Sauce should be pourable consistency, but still thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.)
- 3 To keep Hollandaise Sauce warm, transfer to a liquid measuring cup and place the cup in a warm water bath until ready to serve. Whisk before serving.
Tips and Tricks
How to Poach Eggs:
1) Fill a large, deep saucepan with about 4 inches of water.
2) Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
3) Bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium. (Bubbles should just begin to break the surface of the water.)
4) Break 1 egg into a fine mesh sieve and allow watery part of egg white to drain out, then carefully transfer egg to a liquid measuring cup. Repeat with remaining eggs.
5) Gently stir simmering water in one spot and carefully slide one egg at a time into swirling water, keeping them separate from each other.
6) Poach eggs 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken slightly.
7) Carefully remove eggs with slotted spoon.
8) Drain on paper towels.
How to assemble Eggs Benedict:
1) Place halved toasted English muffin on a serving plate.
2) Top each English muffin with 2 slices of prepared Canadian bacon and 1 poached egg.
3) Drizzle Hollandaise sauce generously over top.
4) To serve, sprinkle with additional seasoning, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.