Ingredients 12 (1 muffin) Servings
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Banana Extract With Other Natural Flavors
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Set aside. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and 1/2 cup of the walnuts in medium bowl. Mash bananas with potato masher in large bowl. Add butter, sour cream, egg and banana flavor; mix until well blended. Add flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2 Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Serve warm.
Tips and Tricks
If your bananas are not yet ripe, bake them on a foil-lined pan at 300°F for 40 minutes. Allow them to cool, then peel and mash.