Applesauce adds moistness to this cinnamon-spiced quick bread. Serve it at breakfast time or as a mid-afternoon snack. Photo credit: Katie Goodman from Good Life Eats.
Ingredients 16 Servings
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat egg in medium bowl. Stir in applesauce, brown sugar, milk and oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in 1/2 cup of the walnuts and raisins. Pour batter into 9x5-inch loaf pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
- 3 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner