- Ancho-Arbol Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 dried chilies de arbol, stemmed and seeded
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper
- Tom Collins
- 2 limes, each cut into 4 wedges, divided
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro, divided
- Cracked or crushed ice
- 1 cup gin, divided
- 2 cups club soda, divided
- 1 For the Ancho-Arbol Syrup, mix all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 2 hours. Strain through double layer of cheesecloth or coffee filters. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. (This makes enough syrup for 4 cocktails)
- 2 For each cocktail, place 2 lime wedges, 2 sprigs mint and 1 sprig cilantro in cocktail shaker. Muddle the lime with a muddler or wooden spoon to release the lime juice. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1/4 cup each gin and Ancho-Arbol Syrup; mix well. Shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into tall ice-filled beverage glass. Top each glass with 1/2 cup club soda. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 cocktails.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Garnish with thin lime slices and maraschino cherries.
For a non-alcoholic version, prepare as directed, omitting gin. Increase limes to 4, using 1 lime, cut into wedges, for each cocktail. Use short beverages and lemon-lime or cucumber soda in place of the club soda.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.